Thursday, July 28, 2005

lies and promises

Readers:

I must apologize for my lack of blogging at present. I've got a lot of posts in the pipeline, and I've even promised a ditty on "Adaptive Reuse" for the fine folks over at EphBlog. In any case, these must largely wait for vacation, which is upon me tomorrow, not quite like a ton of bricks, but not really like the wolf in the night, either.

I can promise a few things, though:

1) I'd like to see this blog do more sponsored reviews. I'm working on that, and I'd hope to be able to bring that to you guys.

2) I'd also like to provide some more arts coverage. I'm working on getting tickets to both the David show at the Clark Art Institute as well as seeing Cezanne and Pisarro at the MoMA (plus some notes on the architecture).

3) I'd like to see a greater balance in coverage. I feel that I've been doing a lot of arts and entertainment coverage to the neglect of my other interests. There's some interesting articles in the Journal that are out or coming out, so I am thinking about preparing some review on stem cells (always a popular field) and other scientific issues.

When I resurrected this blog, partially at the behest of Zachary R. Blume, one of the most ferocious critics I've ever met, I was somewhat apprehensive. Looking back in the archives, you'll see that I alternated between the sublimely nasty, intensely local and concerns with important issues that impact everyone. I got into this whole business after the cessation of the ADD, something that everyone still misses, to varying degrees, and I'll be honest: I didn't always have a firm vision for what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go.

And I still don't.

But, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable doing some of the things I get to do here: arts criticism, science writing, political opining, and the descriptive vignettes of the day to day. I'm feeling much more comprehensive, now, and I have you, readers, to thank.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave them below or email them to me. I'd hardly shun any advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment