Monday, May 29, 2006

Wow, what a year!

Folks,

I'm not sure what to say, except, uh, "wow!"

A lot of things have changed in the past year: I've moved (a mistake), moved again (a great decision), I've met new and (rather) interesting people, I've taken the MCAT, yep. My life is vastly different now than I remember it.

And, disgracefully, I've not been blogging. But, I've got my computer back, I've got a nice new monitor (having given that giant IBM P96 the ol' heave ho) and I'm slimmer, trimmer, and hopefully a better writer.

I always wonder, at the point where I really want to start something (serious) whether I've lived enough to do it. I doubt Faulkner or Hemmingway or Joyce or Shakespeare felt that way, but maybe they did.

I can leave you with a promise to start blogging more (promise!) and a conversation I thoroughly enjoyed.

Aidan: you know, you should be proud you make up words, after all, Shakespeare did it.
K: George Bush makes up words and people think he's a dolt!
Aidan: I guess context matters, then.

So there you have it. Context matters. And I've got new context to go with the content.

And so, I welcome you all to AidanBlog version 3.0, appologies to Thomas Friedman.

No comments:

Post a Comment